Saturday, August 14, 2010

Light it Up

I am in the process of a small bedroom update. Our bedroom is tiny and we have a California king bed. Do NOT get me started on finding sheets for it.
For the bedroom I want to add a headboard and floating nightstands. Today may be the day that my husband makes my headboard frame.  I have been asking REALLY NICELY for WEEKS now.


The nightstands we have now are old. I love old but it bugs me that they are not the same height. I am envisioning planks painted white secured to the wall. I can then use baskets underneath for books, etc.


I will keep you posted....












Anyway, I did a major laundry room clean up and  came across this lamp.  The shape is great and we need another bedside lamp so....I spray painted the base white and used some grey ribbon to wrap the lampshade.














I saw this idea on some DIY show. I just wrapped and wrapped and tied the ends together on the inside on the shade.



























Now the base looks great though the shade is odd. I don't think it is the ribbon but really what did I expect? A quick can't even remember where I saw it idea and a couple of tries would make me the ribbon lampshade wrapping world champion? Please. And I don't think the 100 watt bulb I have in there is an award winning idea either.


Well, I am off to find the ribbon lampshade wrapping champion... they've got to have a blog, right?


Oh, and here is the NO WAY IN HELL is this the finished project.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the base! I saw an article in a home magazine about this DIY project too. They made it look so easy. But I do think they used wider, thinner-weaned ribbon, and I also think they had the help of a glue gun. Of course, gluing would make it a little more permanent that you'd probably want. In any case, it's good as-is. Anything you redo to it can only make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Correction: they used a thinner WEAVED ribbon. I don't think any weaning was involved with the lampshade.

    ReplyDelete